If you’ve ever thought of taking a spinning class, I recommend it. I took one about four years ago at my gym two days a week, and I loved the results I saw. I quickly burned fat, lost my belly, and toned up better than I ever had from any other physical activity I had done. I have a coworker who spins twice a week and he seems to like it as well.
Many gyms offer classes. Some of them will let you take classes without joining the gym. You just have to pay their daily fee for entry into the facility. There are some local recreation centers, YMCAs, and neighborhood community centers that also may have classes. I really support this for quickly strengthening your legs, abs, and heart and for burning calories efficiently. I need to try to do it again, and I encourage you to do so too to kick your fitness into gear.
But there are some things to keep in mind before you do, especially if you’re not in the best of shape.
1. First, be sure you do your stretching exercises before hand, particularly your legs. Some muscle cramps and soreness cannot be avoided, but proper stretching and warm-up exercises can help minimize the effect.
2. Second, adjust the seat’s height and angle to suit your comfort level.
3. Next, adjust the handlebar height so that you do not encounter undue stress and strain on your neck and back.
4. Afterwards, do your cool down exercises, additional ammunition to help cut down on your muscle soreness and strains.
5. Last and most importantly, don’t overdo it. If you cannot keep up with the rest of the class, don’t feel bad if you need to slow down your pace. Sure, it’s okay to push yourself. Pushing yourself is encouraged. But doing too much can cause an injury.
A good instructor will help you with these and offer additional tips to make it a pleasant experience for you. But just like in grade school and college, some instructors are better than others, and you may need to take charge of your fitness and not rely on the instructor if he or she isn’t too attentive. I enjoy spinning and need to do it again. I just need to psyche myself up. Do you like to spin?